Robber shot by armed driver faces carjack
Originally ran here
"Man shot by driver faces carjack
Friday, July 27, 2001
BY GLENN SMITH,
Of The Post and Courier staff
A 40-year-old Line Street man was charged Thursday with trying to carjack a man
who then shot him on the East Side last weekend.
Police say Vincent Clark and
several others jumped in the man's Nissan Xterra after he stopped to ask
directions at Sheppard and Nassau streets. Clark is accused of punching the
motorist, Ryan Smith, in the face, Charleston police said.
Smith, 27, grabbed a .25-caliber
pistol from his glove compartment and shot Clark in the chest. Police determined
Smith acted in self-defense and did not charge him in the incident.
Clark, however, was charged Thursday with attempted carjacking. He appeared in
bond court in a wheelchair, but stood for his hearing.
He had been charged Saturday with
robbing at knifepoint another lost motorist seeking directions in the same area
July 9, police said.
In addition, he was charged
Thursday with selling 0.2 of a gram of imitation crack cocaine to undercover
Charleston police on June 20 at Lee and Meeting streets.
Magistrate Jack Guedalia set bail
on the two most recent charges at $120,000.
NOTICE: In accordance with Title
17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is distributed, without profit, for
research or educational purposes. We do our best, as well, to give credit to the
original news source who published these Guns Save Lives stories out of respect
and appreciation for their willingness to spread the word that Guns Save Lives
-- and when an original link is available, we ALWAYS send all our visitors to
read the original article on the original site where it was posted. God Bless
the Americans that publish these stories - for assisting Americans in hearing
the truth about guns saving lives.